- Born and raised in Helsinki - Finland. A mix of two European cultures;
half Bulgarian and half Finnish.
- Graduated from the Theatre Academy of Finland in 2007, holding MFA in Acting Theatre and Drama -
majoring in Musical Theatre.
- Started early on with musical instruments such as violin and piano. Singing came along at the age of 13.
Quickly developed a deep passion for Opera and a desire to sing classical music,
which still continues.
- Involved in youth theatre activities from an early age.
- Completed a level C degree in classical singing at the Sibelius Academy with the help of teachers Tellervo Pajamies and Lasse Riutamaa, while studying in the Theatre Academy's Master's Program.
- Voice range is Mezzo-Soprano.
- Singing repertoire includes lied music from Schubert, Brahms, R. Strauss, Mahler, Wolf, Rahmaninov, also Finnish composers such as Toivo Kuula, Jean Sibelius, Yrjö Kilpinen, Tauno Pylkkänen, Ilkka Kuusisto
Oskar and Aarre Merikanto, Leevi Madetoja and others. Recent repertoire includes operatic music as well, such as
Paulina's aria from the opera The Queen of Spades, Olga's aria from the opera Evgeni Onegin, both by P. Tchaikovsky, Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix by Saint-Saëns from the opera Samson and Delilah, Ratmir´s aria from the opera Ruslan and Lyudmila by Glinka, Di tanti palpiti from the opera Tancredi by Rossini, prince Orlofsky´s aria Ich lade gern mir Gäste ein from the Operetta Die Fledermaus by Johan Strauss and all of Carmen's arias from the opera Carmen by G. Bizet. Repertoire include some oratorio music as well, such as Stabat Mater by Pergolesi and Bach's St John Passion.
- Moved to New York in 2007 after graduating from The Theatre Academy of Finland.
- Graduated from The New York Film Academy's "One Year Acting for Film - Conservatory Program" in 2008, after which
continued full time acting studies at the HB studio.
- Has studied Meisner -and Uta Hagen's tehniques.
- Became a player in "Homunculus Mask Theatre" - group in 2009.
- Relocated to Los Angeles, California in 2012.
- Studied improvisation with Sean Hogan, at the Groundlings School in Los Angeles, completing the Core Program 1,
- Started private voice lessons with Marvellee Carriaga in 2015, in Los Angeles.
- Has since relocated to Finland and is continuing voice work with her voice coach
- Has worked in several film -and theatre productions, combining acting with other artistic elements, such as
singing, playing musical instruments, mask work, movement
and some production work.
- Interested in exploring more physicality in acting. Has a growing love for martial arts.
- Interested in the endless possibilities of performance art.
"I want to reach another human soul through art
and celebrate the fact that I am effected
COPYRIGHT 2020. EEVA SEMERDJIEV.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED