Actress & Mezzo-soprano
- Born and raised in Helsinki, Finland. A mix of two European cultures;
Finnish and Bulgarian.
- Started early on with musical instruments such as violin and piano. Singing came along at the age of 13.
Quickly developed a deep passion for Opera and a desire to sing classical music as a young teenager,
which still continues.
- Involved in youth theatre groups from an early age.
- Graduated from Theatre Academy Helsinki, in Finland in 2007, holding a MFA degree in Acting Theatre and Drama,
majoring in Musical Theatre.
- Completed a level C-degree in classical singing at the Sibelius Academy with the help of teachers Tellervo Pajamies and Lasse Riutamaa, while studying in the Theatre Academy's Master's Program.
- Voice range is Mezzo-Soprano.
- Singing repertoire includes opera, lied music from R. Wagner, G. Mahler, Brahms, R. Strauss, H. Wolf, Rahmaninov, Finnish composers Tauno Pylkkänen, Toivo Kuula, Jean Sibelius, Yrjö Kilpinen, Ilkka Kuusisto,
Oskar and Aarre Merikanto, Leevi Madetoja and others, as well as oratorios, such as Stabat Mater by Pergolesi and Bach's St. John Passion.
-Developed a growing interest for acting for film while studying in the Theatre Academy.
- Moved to New York in 2007 after graduating from the Theatre Academy in Finland to pursue studies at the New York
Film Academy with the help of grands from Antti and Jenny Wihuri foundation and AVEK.
- Graduated from The New York Film Academy's "One Year Acting for Film - Conservatory Program" in 2008, after which
continued full time acting studies at the HB studio.
- Has studied Meisner and Uta Hagen's techniques.
- Became a player in "Homunculus Mask Theatre" - group in 2009.
- Relocated to Los Angeles, California in 2012.
- Studied improvisation with Sean Hogan, at the Groundlings School in Los Angeles, completing the Core Program 1,
- Started private voice lessons with Marvellee Carriaga in 2015, in Los Angeles.
- Has since relocated to Finland and is continuing voice work with voice coach, opera singer
- Has worked in several film, tv and theatre productions.
- Interested in exploring more physicality in acting. Has a growing love for martial arts.
- Interested in the endless possibilities of performance art.
"I want to reach another human soul through art
and celebrate the fact that I am affected
COPYRIGHT 2023. EEVA SEMERDJIEV.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED